Can a massage help a pinched nerve? This is the most common question of people who are mostly aged. You should take proper treatment of your pinched nerve disorder at the right time before occurring any serious health issues.
In this guide, we’re going to discount what a pinched nerve is and how a massage helps a pinched nerve with 7 ultimate solutions, plus more related things.
Before going to the solution of pinched nerve disorder, let me share a story related to the pinched nerve problem.
Mrs. Gouty Gomej is a lady of 47. As a homemaker and an architect, she has to maintain both her household and work. She is getting too busy all day long. Nowadays, she’s feeling pinch pain in her neck and shoulder.
She ignored this, as usual. But the pain increases day by day. Once, she felt one of her body parts getting paralyzed. Being informed by one of her friends, she thought of taking a message to minimize the pain.
However, she doesn’t decide as she’s getting confused. Can a massage help a pinched nerve? Like Mrs. Gouty, maybe you’re getting anxious about the facts. So, read these articles below to disappear your anxiety and confusion.
What Is a Pinched Nerve?
A pinched nerve is an abnormal tension and pressure on the nerve that arises on your neck’s surrounding tissues such as bone, cartilage, and muscles. Pinch nerve is a problematic pain audacity that generally occurs under 40-50 years older people.
The pain doesn’t rely only on the neck. It can occur in any part of a body. The pinched nerve can also seem to happen like the spine, joint muscles, wrists, shoulders, and elbows.
What are The Symptoms of Pinched Nerve?
The reasons behind this kind of pain are many. You cannot recognize them specifically. But the common facts are…
- If your neck become injured by some accidents
- If you have obesity
- It may often occur for herniated disc
- If you’re getting older
- If your neck has a poor posture
- Some patients of nerve pinch have claimed that the pain repeatedly occurs for motions or bone spurs.
- If you recently start doing any workout or gym
- If you have any muscle pain problem in your previous history
- If you have carpal tunnel syndromes
- Due to bone spurs
- Continue damage or pain on your arms or legs
A massage can help you prevent this stubborn pain regardless of the reason. But before having a massage, you can try out some natural relaxation at home.
Classification of a Pinched Nerve
Different types of pinch nerves are found in the human body. Nerve is an automotive signal that bares our feelings and realization from one place to another.
Nervous disorder or pinched nerve can occur in two types because the human body has only two types of nervous systems.
- Motor nervous system.
How to Get Rid of Pinched Nerve by Exercises & Massage?
We know a massage is a great therapy that is good for quick relief from pain. Many physiotherapists recommended doing some simple workouts at home for pain release. You can do some stretching and a normal workout at home.
But the stubborn pinch nerve can be prevented permanently by exercises. You can do these exercises at home. Let us have a look at the consequences.
1# Trap Stretch for Trapezius Muscle: Trap stretch is a joint exercise for those who have trapezius muscle pain. Trapezius muscle lay on the back of your neck. If they’re getting too tight, your spine and nerves become squeezed. You may find relief after doing this exercise. To do this exercise, you can follow some steps:
- Place your right hand on your thigh and hold it too tight.
- Then bend your head to the left side with your left hand.
- Pause this exercise for 20-30 minutes and repeat the process several times.
2# Chin Tuck Pain Reducer: Chin tuck is a second exercise for the neck and muscles that is a game-changer for middle-aged people. You require experts to improve your head and neck postures. Follow these three steps to do this:
- Place your fingers on the chin and massage it.
- You have to push the chin toward your neck, Do it for three to five seconds.
- Repeat this process for 4-5 minutes.
3# Head Turn Neck Exercises: Head turn exercises can reduce your nerve pinch semi-permanently. The exercise can’t remove your pain quickly, but it will help heal your pain after some time. Follow these steps to do the head turn exercise.
- Keep your head and neck straight.
- Slowly move your head to the right. Wait for 5-10 seconds.
- You can turn or tilt your head from side to side. Repeat these stages two times daily.
4# Shoulder Roll Pain Relief: Shoulder roll pain is another pain to relieve you from a pinched nerve. It is very simple to do. It will relax you after doing this shoulder roll pain relief technique. Follow these steps:
- Sit straight on a mat. Then roll down your shoulder with someone frequently.
- Use your fingertips for doing the task more effectively.
- Repeat these rolling massages for 3-4 minutes until you get complete relaxation.
Massage or Chiropractic Care for Pinched Nerve
As we know, pinched nerves occur to continue nervous disorder or some unexpected incidents. To prevent this kind of problem, you need the help of a good massage therapist.
There are different types of massage service providers available offline and online. You can get appointments and get service from them.
Massage is good for pain relief. If you frequently ask me, can a massage help a pinched nerve? Then we must say to you, yes. For a reason, around 85-90 people out of 100 in the U.S are suffering from sciatic nerve problems.
Different types of messages are discovered to give you the best results. Let us have a vivid discussion on the controversies of can a massage help a pinched nerve.
- Deep Tissue Massage: It’s an aggressive type of massage that is used for slow strokes and deep finger massage. It helps to decrease or release muscle tension from connective tissue.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish massage is a crucial massage that relieves the pressure and increases your blood flow. It’s a vital massage technique.
- Neuromuscular Massage: Neuromuscular massage is good for combining tissue pressure and fictions. It’s a complex pain remover that contracts muscle and joints.
There are many massage techniques behind these above. Many more massage therapy like myofascial release, hot stone massage, etc. All these treatments will condense your trigger muscles and bones to make them stronger.
You can take a message stone or hot oil massage to relieve your pain. Nervous pain or pinched nerve cannot stop the road of your life. Just rush on the solutions and make your life pain-free.
We hope so; we’re able to inform you of the stubborn fact that you’re asking, can a massage help a pinched nerve? Yes, it’s now proven that massage is an easy and quick method to relieve pain or stiffness.