Can you sleep in a massage chair? It’s a question that people often ask themselves when they are considering how to spend their days off.
Well, the answer is “yes” and “no.” Most chairs will recline all the way back so that your neck touches the headrest and your feet touch the footrest, but not all of them allow you to lie down. If you want to take a nap on one of these chairs, then it needs to have an adjustable back or be able to fully recline.
Besides, nowadays most professional therapists recommend getting treatment from massage chairs. This way may be easy If you have an own massage chair, you can take massage therapy regularly.
In this article, we’re going to discuss massage chairs’ benefits and the question-answer of can you sleep in a massage chair? You will also know the side effects of sleeping on a massage chair.
So let’s get started
Table of Contents
Can You Sleep In A Massage Chair? Get the Right Answer:
It’s not uncommon to sleep in a massage chair after completing a massage session. The major advantage of sleeping on a chair is that muscles are relieved from tension and pain.
Besides, sleeping in a massage chair like a good night’s sleep or a nap. Most of the time, people fall asleep right on the chair. It’s not harmful. But the professionals discourage it, especially for spending the entire night.
Reasons, why should not sleep in a massage chair?
People need a massage because of improving their specific health conditions. They might suffer from chronic back pain, sleep apnea, or other problems like that. When you’re in massage therapy, you’ll feel relief from these terrible conditions in your body.
Therefore, it’s pretty standard that your muscles will want to relax and fall asleep. But long sleep isn’t a viable solution for relaxation, especially on the chair.
Is there any benefit of sleeping in a massage chair?
Yes, sleeping on a massage chair has some benefits. But that isn’t applicable for all-night sleep. In a quick nap, you’ll notice the improvements in your health. Let us show you the benefits of sleeping in a massage chair.
- Sleep Apnea: if you have a sleeping problem, massages can be a good option. But will it help you reduce sleep apnea? Well, the answer is positive. When people suffer from sleep apnea, it may lead to some other disease. If you fall asleep after a massage, it’ll help you ease sleep apnea symptoms. But the sleeping position should be in 30-degree or 60-degree, and it will improve your sleep.
- Mood Boost: It’ll cheerfully set your mood. A massage and a short nap are the best for boosting the mood and reducing depression.
- Relieves Pain and Headache: You’ll also feel relieved when sleeping on the massage chair in the right way after completing the session. That’s because it’ll release more endorphins to your body and improve your immune response. That’s why you’ll get rid of back pain, shoulder pain, and neck pain.
What will be the side effects?
When you take a long nap or a full night’s sleep in a massage chair, you’ll face some problems. It’ll also affect your health rather than improving it.
The common side effects are…
- Breathing problem: If you fall asleep in a recline position, it’ll cause you blood congestion. Then the lungs will have less amount of oxygen to breathe in. That’s why a long time of sleep on a chair isn’t recommended.
- Muscle pain: After sleeping overnight on the chair, you’ll feel muscle pain if you don’t change the sleep position. A single position without moving while sleeping will tighten up the muscle. When you awake from sleep and try to move, you’ll get the feel of muscle pain.
- Joint stiffness: When you sleep in a massage chair, you probably have to keep a single position. Otherwise, it’ll affect the joints and lead you to tight hips, hamstrings, and calves. Your posture will also have some adverse effects. You can read a guide on when it might be better for your health to sleep.
What should you do then?
First, stop sleeping more on the massage chair. Whatever you do, keep in mind about not sleeping overnight. We know that sometimes it can’t be controlled. So it’ll be better for you if you use a seat at a 30-degree or 60-degree angle.
The leather seats are preferable to avoid back pain. If you’re too convenient to sleep, then use a massage pillow to prevent neck pain and headache. It’s best to use a chair massage for 15 to 20 minutes regularly.
So you’ll not fall asleep frequently and avoid long naps. Another way is to set the alarm for the short naps.
How to find the best one for you?
There are many types of chairs, each with its own features and benefits. It can be a bit difficult to find the right one for your needs if you don’t know where to start.
For you, we’ve got some suggestions on how to determine what kind of chair will work best for you!
- Check out reviews from other customers about various chairs.
- Make a list of the features that are most important to you and compare them to what’s offered.
- Compare how many different positions each chair reclines.
- Consider how much space your massage chair will be taking up in your home or office. If lots of people use it, make sure there is enough room for everyone!
A massage chair is ideal for mental and physical therapy. It helps you get relaxed and relieved from all the tensions. That’s why falling asleep in a chair is too convenient, especially for a short nap, but overnight sleep isn’t recommended.