Undoubtedly, massage chairs can help us in many ways. But we often get a question from people that: Can you overuse a massage chair? Today, we will share the right answer with you here.
With our much research and expert guidance, we came to know that yes, you can overuse a massage chair, but it can bring dangers. The maximum usage of a massage chair should be 3-4 times a week. In some cases, 1-2 times are enough.
There are certain reasons why you shouldn’t overuse a massage chair. We will talk about that and many other essentials. Let dive deeper!
Can You Overuse a Massage Chair?
As stated above, yes, you can overuse a massage chair. But overusing a chair means using it more than it is necessary to you. The right way of using a massage chair is for 1-2 hours and 3-4 times a week. Of-course your using period must have intervals. You have to take intervals of 2-15 minutes after every usage. Anything apart from these can be stated as overuse!
Overusing a massage chair may not be obvious to you right away, but it is, in fact, hazardous for your inner body. It can damage your muscles and joints and make your body parts prone to damage more. You can even lose your necessary immunity power due to the overuse of a massage chair.
Massaging is not meant for your entertainment purposes. Therapeutic massage can help you in many ways, but not if you do so for extravagance or luxury. Also, using a massage chair carefully is part of avoiding any dangers happen. In this case, you must get known of the dangers.
What Can Happen If You Overuse a Massage Chair?
Overusing a massage chair can do a lot of harm to your body and inner muscles. Now we will share the most dangerous damages that you can face due to this misuse:
- You may get attacked by different skin diseases. The material of these chairs is not that friendly for your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. You may also get rashes if you are allergy-prone.
- Over usage or wrong usage of massage chairs can injure your body parts. Like your back can get hurt and damaged. Also, your spine may get injured due to excessive motion and massage.
- As the setting can hardly be customized according to your needs, the overuse of a massage chair can lead to body and muscle pain. It happens especially when you are new to a massage chair.
- You can face Circulatory Issues like blood clots in the circulation. This is very dangerous and can even lead to coronary disease if not handled properly. Moreover, the blood clots might be hard to identify. Overusing a massage chair can cause blood clots, especially in your back area. People often see that their clotted blood can be seen through the skin like red dots when they overuse a massage chair.
- The most common damage that overusing a massage chair does is muscle injury. Your inner muscles will be injured because of the excessive usage of a massage chair, and therefore you will find it difficult to move your body. Ultimately, there will be no use of the massage, instead, your situation will be worse. Short intervals after a disciplined massage can help you in this case.
- Fatigue is another issue that you will more likely face if you use a massage chair more than necessary times. Massaging the body can lead you to fatigue, and that’s because of overstimulation. Afterward, you will find it difficult to move or work and will feel tired as well.
What’s the Ideal Duration for Using a Massage Chair?
The ideal timing is to use it for 1-2 hours. But you cannot use the massage chair daily. It’s best if you use the chair for a maximum of 3-4 days weekly. And make sure to get short intervals after every usage. This will help you with blood circulation.
Also, according to your condition, the time can differ. So it is highly suggested to seek an expert suggestion before you start your massaging.
Hopefully, now you are clear about the question: Can you overuse a massage chair? We have tried to explain every related factor in short. And by the factors, you might have been clear by now that you will bring damages to you if you overuse the massage chair.
So take expert suggestions and do not use the chair for more than 1-2 hours and 3-4 times a week. The discipline will make your massaging experience a lot better for sure. Good luck!