Massage is good for health, good for weight loss. Faster weight loss with home remedies, you can use massage as a way to feel better and lose weight. Read different types of massage to lose weight in stomach, thigh…etc
Have you been struggling to lose weight in your stomach? Most people are. If that’s the case, then massage might be able to help!
Massage therapy can cause a number of different sensations throughout the body, depending on what massage technique is used.
The massage therapist will use their hands or other tools to apply pressure on muscles, joints, and soft tissues of the body. They do this for therapeutic purposes.
What exactly does this have to do with losing weight in your stomach? Well, here is the best answer.
In this article, I will discuss 7 massage techniques that can help you to lose weight from your stomach.
You’ll also learn about massage therapy and how it works, the benefits of massage for health and beauty, as well as some massage techniques that specifically target abdominal fat.
However, before we get into the massage techniques let’s first talk about…
Table of Contents
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy involves pressing on muscles in order to relieve pain or stress, improve circulation, or even for maintaining good health.
There are two main types of massage therapy, which are based on the different goals of the massages. These include:
- Relaxation Massage: Relaxation massage is exactly what it sounds like – a method to help people relax.
- Therapeutic Massage: Therapeutic massage is used to treat certain medical conditions. Typically, therapeutic massages are performed by massage therapists.
Types of Stomach Massage
There are different types of massages that can be used to lose weight in your stomach.
Each type of massage targets a specific set of benefits. Depending on what your goals are, there is a specific massage technique that you should be using.
Below are the most common types of massages that are used to lose weight.
4 Stomach Massages for Weight Loss
Losing weight in the abdomen is something that many people struggle with. The stomach is one of the first areas where excess fat accumulates, even before other fat deposits.
Unfortunately, gaining weight in the stomach can have a ripple effect. So excessive weight gain in the abdomen region not only means that you will have an unattractive belly, but it can also result in other health problems such as hypertension and diabetes.
The below 7 exercises of massage that you can do at home. They can help you to lose weight from your stomach and also improve the appearance of your body.
1) Abdominal Massage:
Abdominal massage is a great exercise if you are already trim and trying to get rid of fatty deposits in the stomach area.
How to practice abdominal massage to lose in the stomach?
I have talked before that abdominal massage is a great way to get rid of toxins and fatty deposits in the stomach. These, in turn, can help reduce weight from the stomach.
In order to practice this massage, you will need a little bit of coconut oil, almond oil, or olive oil. In addition to that, you will also need a massage cushion and towel.
Prior to the massage, take the towel and soak it in hot water. Then wring the towel and place it on the area that you will be massaging.
This will help to open up your pores and make for a better massage.
To begin, apply oil (coconut, almond, or olive) to your hands. Then press your thumbs into the abdomen in slow circular movements. Remember that every movement should be slow and gentle.
As you massage the stomach, make sure to also include the sides of your body where the ribs are located.
Side effects of abdominal massage:
Abdominal massage is a simple and easy method for losing weight from your stomach. The side effects of this method are minimal.
However, some people do report feeling lightheaded or even nauseous after receiving an abdominal massage. If this is the case for you, simply remove the towel from your body and discontinue the massage.
Since the abdominal massage presses on pressure points in your stomach muscles, it can lead to sickness or even fainting. Making sure that you are sitting upright during the massage can help prevent this effect.
2) Aromatherapy Massage:
One of the main causes of weight gain in the stomach is poor digestion. When our bodies are not working as they should, we often put on weight.
Aromatherapy massage for weight loss is great because it helps improve stomach function, which in turn reduces bloating and improves digestion.
How to practice aromatherapy massage for weight loss? In order to practice aromatherapy massage, you will need a carrier oil such as coconut or almond. Aromatherapy oils are then added to the carrier oil of your choice.
Prior to the massage, take a hot shower and make sure that your pores are open.
Next, apply the aromatherapy oil (make sure not to use too much) to your hands and rub them together in order to warm up the oil.
Then, begin massaging your abdomen in circular motions. Make sure to include the upper and lower areas of your stomach as well as the sides of your body where the ribs are located.
Side effects of aromatherapy massage:
Aromatherapy massage for weight loss does not have side effects as long as you don’t use too much aromatherapy oil. If you do, you may feel a slight burning sensation on your skin.
2) Dhanurasana (Yoga position):
Dhanurasana is a Chinese stomach massage for weight loss. This is a great way to lose weight from the stomach, Dhanurasana is a highly beneficial yoga position that works wonders for your digestion system.
How to practice Dhanurasana?
- You will need a yoga mat and 2-3 blankets.
- Lie down on your belly with your arms by your side. Make sure that your arms are stretched out and your feet are together.
- Slowly lift your head, neck, chest, legs, and arms off the ground. Make sure you keep your back straight as you move into this position.
- Hold for a few minutes and then slowly release your arms, head, neck, chest, legs, and feet back to the ground. Rest for a few moments before repeating this pose.
Side effects of Dhanurasana:
Dhanurasana helps to improve digestion, so it can cause some cramping at first. However, the more you practice this yoga position, the easier it will be on your stomach.
Apart from weight loss, Dhanurasana also helps to improve indigestion, constipation, and even bloating. The daily practice of Dhanurasana can also help to tone your stomach muscles, which will improve your appearance as well.
- Pregnancy is also a reason for caution when practicing the dhanurasana yoga position because it puts pressure on your abdominal area.
- It is also advised that you do not practice the dhanurasana yoga pose if you have severe arthritis, difficulty breathing, or heart problems.
3) Electrical Stimulation Devices/Weight Loss Machine:
Deefielly Mini Vibration Plate Exercise Machine Whole Body Workout Fitness Vibration Platform Machine Home Training Equipment for Adult Weight Loss with Bluetooth Speaker
This non-invasive procedure is used to stimulate the nerves in your abdomen. Using an electrical stimulation device/belly fat massage machine for weight loss helps to make the stomach muscles stronger and toned.
How does it work? An electrical stimulator is placed near the stomach and then it sends electrical signals to the abdominal muscles.
Side effects of this procedure are very minimal, but there is always the risk of infection, particularly in open wounds.
Apart from that, some people do experience bruising at the point of stimulation. This is why it is highly advisable to do this procedure in a medical setting and only under the supervision of trained professionals.
4) Diet and Exercise to Loss Weight in Stomach:
These are the most effective ways to lose weight from your stomach. A healthy diet and daily exercise should be part of any weight loss program.
Before starting a weight loss program, it’s important to consult with your doctor. You should also remember that losing weight is a long-term commitment.
Here are some tips
- Eat More Fiber: Eating more fiber can help you lose weight in your stomach. It also helps to improve digestion and lower cholesterol levels which leads to a healthy heart.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Eat more fruits and vegetables as this also helps to lower cholesterol levels.
- Drink Water: Another way to lose weight from your stomach is to drink plenty of water. Just drinking plain water can help you feel full which will go a long way in helping you lose weight.
- Exercise daily: If you want to amp up your weight loss efforts, why not try exercising? Not only does regular exercise burn calories, it also helps to tone and strengthen your muscles, which will improve your appearance.
- Cardio exercises: These are the best exercises for weight loss from the stomach. Cardio activities such as running, cycling, and swimming help to burn fat from your tummy area while toning your muscles at the same time.
- Strength training: Strength training also helps to lose weight in the stomach area. You can perform strength training in your own home or go to a gym, whatever works for you. Just make sure that you lift weights 3 times a week.
- Resistance bands: Using resistance bands is another effective way to get rid of excess fats around your belly and strengthen your abdominal muscles at the same time.
Benefits of Stomach Massage
Release Toxins: Massaging the stomach helps to release toxins that have built up in the body. These toxins can stop you from losing weight, both from your stomach and other areas of your body where they have accumulated.
Prevents Bacterial Infections: Massaging the area around your stomach not only helps to release toxins but also helps prevent bacterial infections. Stay away from bacteria that can cause disease and illness.
Boost Metabolism: During a massage the body produces endorphins which serve as painkillers for the body. These are also known as ‘happy hormones’ because they make you feel good. Along with that, a massages also boosts the metabolism which helps in weight loss.
Increase Body Awareness: When you do a stomach massage, you will become more aware of your body and its sensations.
Not only the above benefits but also there are many benefits like stress relief, relaxation and more. It will also help to relieve depression and anxiety.
As you can see, there are many benefits to get massage of stomach or love handle. If people do not get the benefit then it will be a waste of time.
So massage should be done regularly to get the benefits from it. If you don’t want then you can do a DIY at home.
If you want to do a massage at home then you can use coconut oil, olive oil, etc. Or else you can go to a spa and get one from them.
Tight clothing also leads to accumulation of fats around your belly. For this, you should wear loose-fitting clothes. And don’t forget to control your daily diet and exercise to lose weight in stomach.